Discover the ancient city of Alexandria on this full-day tour from Cairo. Experience the rich history and culture of this coastal city, known as the “Pearl of the Mediterranean,” as you explore ancient landmarks and modern attractions. With an expert guide and comfortable transportation, this tour offers a comprehensive and hassle-free way to see the best of Alexandria.
- Duration: Full day (approximately 12 hours)
- Availability: Daily
- Pickup location: Your hotel in Cairo or a prearranged meeting point
- Drop-off location: Your hotel in Cairo or a prearranged meeting point
- Group size: Small group tour (maximum 12 people)
Highlights of the tour:
- Visit the iconic Alexandria Library, one of the largest and most modern libraries in the world
- Explore the ancient Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, a unique blend of Roman and Egyptian architecture
- See the impressive Pompey’s Pillar, a 28-meter-high column built in honor of the Emperor Diocletian
- Marvel at the stunning Al-Montazah Palace, a beautiful example of Islamic architecture and former summer residence of the Egyptian royal family
- Walk along the scenic Corniche and take in the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea
- Learn about the fascinating history of Alexandria from your expert guide
- 7:00am: Pickup from your hotel in Cairo or a prearranged meeting point
- 10:00am: Arrival in Alexandria and visit to the Alexandria Library
- 11:30am: Tour of the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa
- 1:00pm: Lunch at a local restaurant (not included in the tour price)
- 2:00pm: Visit to Pompey’s Pillar
- 3:00pm: Tour of Al-Montazah Palace
- 5:00pm: Walk along the Corniche and enjoy the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea
- 6:00pm: Return to Cairo and drop-off at your hotel or a prearranged meeting point
- Round-trip transportation from Cairo to Alexandria in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Admission fees to all attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Gratuities for your guide and driver
- Adult: $100 USD per person
- Child (under 12): $80 USD per person
Tips and advice for travelers:
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking involved
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses as it can get quite sunny and hot in Alexandria
- Bring a camera to capture the beautiful sights and attractions
- Make sure to bring cash for lunch and gratuities as credit cards may not be accepted at all restaurants and tipping is customary in Egypt
- If you have any special requirements or requests, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate them
- This tour requires a moderate level of physical fitness as there will be a lot of walking and some stairs to climb
- The itinerary may be subject to change depending on traffic and other factors
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Q: Can I customize this tour to my preferences? A: Yes, we offer customizations to suit the needs of our travelers, including changing the pickup time. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Q: Is lunch included in the tour price? A: No, lunch is not included in the tour price. However, we will stop at a local restaurant where you can purchase lunch.
Q: What should I wear for this tour? A: We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, and bringing a hat and sunscreen as it can get quite sunny and hot in Alexandria.
Q: Are there any restrictions on photography during the tour? A: Photography is generally allowed at the attractions visited on this tour, but we recommend checking with your guide beforehand if there are any restrictions or guidelines.
Q: What is the cancellation policy for this tour? A: Cancellations made 48 hours or more prior to the tour date will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the tour date will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. No-shows will be charged the full tour price.